Your Ad Here

Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Magical" Russian Steel Could Re-define Global Construction Standards


I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not very handy with tools. My friends, family, girlfriend, and ex-wife will confirm this with embarrassing clarity. Building things is not my forum-though I'm really good at destroying things.

So bear with me while I figure this out.

It seems that a Russian company has developed a new type of construction material that is 50% cheaper than steel, weighs significantly less, and won't corrode.It is called a Glass Fiber Reinforced Composite Polymeric Armature. Essentially, this material operates sort of like a cross between concrete and steel. It can be used for multiple purposes, ranging from dry dock moorings to road construction. A spiraled core inside the armature provides certain amount of flexibility that enables it to be used for connection to load bearing areas to brick surface areas.

I suspect that the steel industry should keep it's eyes on this stuff, as it may be the wave of future construction...

SOURCES: Alibaba.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello there, I saw your blog post in which you shown an image of steel material. I think that this material should be equal to best steel standards. So at first it can be tested and check as compared to steel whether it should be cheaper cost than steel. For Russian standards information, please log on to following links below:
russian steel standards
gost list